Preparation for the reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation should be seen as a component of the ongoing catechesis and faith development of the candidates.
Confirmation is a typically a two year process in the Diocese of San Diego. First year confirmation preparation takes place for one hour on one Sunday morning per month and within the High School 707 Youth Group. Second year confirmation preparation takes place on one Sunday morning per month, within 707, and includes five immediate preparation classes. During these two years, candidates will also go on retreats, become involved and parish life, and deepen their personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Confirmation candidates should be registered at the start of their freshman year of high school to ensure that they are ready to be confirmed at the end of their sophomore year of high school.
Confirmation Candidate registration can be found on the Youth Activities page.
Confirmation One: Sunday from 10:30-11:30 in the Youth Room
Confirmation Two: Sunday from 10:30-11:30 in the Youth Room
Retreat Dates for 2021-2022
11/12-14 REGISTRATION IS OPEN THROUGH OCTOBER 25. Please visit www.sacredheartcor.org/youth-ministry-forms/ to register.
Diocesan Confirmation Candidate Requirements for Teens:
- Minimum Age – Fifteen (15) is the minimum age for Confirmation in the Diocese of San Diego.
- Demonstrates an age-appropriate understanding of the Catholic faith
- Participation in the Sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist
- Involvement in the Parish community
- Willingness and readiness to witness Christ and the teachings of the Catholic faith
- Participation in two years of confirmation preparation (see above)