Open HeARTS: a fellowship and visual arts meetup
Sacred Heart Parish Center
*Some activities are held in the Old Rectory Backyard
Our Special Needs Ministry is a diverse group that embraces people of all ages with varying abilities with the commitment and intent to fully live the gospel values of personhood, welcome and inclusion.
Art provides an amazing opportunity where everyone can discover more about themselves and their capabilities, find personal expression and experience a creative sense of accomplishment. The joy of creativity, and sharing the experience among friends that encourage one another is what Open HeARTS is all about!
Join us the 2nd Sunday of each month, 3:00pm – 4:30pm in the Parish Center of Sacred Heart Church!
- Experience a variety of planned art projects with materials supplied or bring your own
- Enjoy fellowship among your friends, and make new friends
- Create and share your unique gifts and try new skills
- Express & integrate faith with art & celebrate God, the artist of your soul!
- Siblings (and parents) are welcome to join in
Our art projects are announced for each month so that you will know what to anticipate, and how we might need to adapt the process to make it more accessible to all. Our desire is to provide a lived experience of welcome and acceptance so that as we grow together, we can experience the love of God with no barriers, each of us becoming beautiful friends of Jesus along the Way of Love.
Dorothy Hulburt DCM at 619-435-3167; firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Nagy-Medved at 703-203-5668; email@example.com