FULL ACTIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE LITURGY & LIFE OF THE PARISH
HANDICAP ACCESS- LET THEM COME TO THE LORD
• Handicap designated parking is available on Seventh Avenue (alongside the Church) as well as on the North end of the alley behind the Parish Center..
• Ramp entrances are located on the Seventh Avenue side of the Church, both near the sanctuary and the back side entrance.
• Handicap seating is available inside the church in both the front and back sections.
• Ushers will do their best to accommodate your needs, and communion can be brought directly to you.
• Handicap restrooms are available in the Parish Center (across the Plaza). There is also a Handicap/Family restroom located on the East side of the Ministry Center.
HEARING – THE GOSPEL PROCLAIMED
Our worship area has a hearing loop installed for those of you that wear a hearing aid or for those who have trouble hearing every word.
If you are wearing a hearing aid, please set it to the T-coil setting.
If you do not wear a hearing aid and would like to listen in the loop please ask an usher for a listening device, or go to the sacristy to request one.
LOW GLUTEN HOSTS – WE WELCOME YOU TO THE LORD’S TABLE
Sacred Heart Parish offers low gluten (.01%) hosts to address the needs of those affected by Celiac disease or other conditions. The vast majority of people needing a gluten free diet can tolerate this amount. If you cannot, or are unsure, you are welcome to receive from only the communion cup, which is also a complete reception of communion. Please consult your personal physician prior to consuming the low gluten host.
Please come into the sacristy 15 minutes before Mass and ask the Sacristan for a low-gluten host. The low-gluten hosts are consecrated in a special container (ciborium) and are physically separated from the other hosts. Or you may bring your own host in a pyx for consecration.
Please join the line for the Priest-celebrant of the Mass. He will be holding the special container of low-gluten hosts. When you approach the celebrant, it is important to tell him you need a low-gluten host. If you have a child who will be receiving gluten-free please make sure that they also know to tell the priest. The Priest will then offer you the Body of Christ from the special container.
As need dictates to ensure you or your loved one is comfortable in Mass, you are welcome to use other aids that help, such as noise-cancelling headphones, iPads, items of comfort , sensory fidgets and so on.
A QUIETER SEATING SPACE:
• Available in front of the tabernacle. This area has a single pew, so best to arrive early if possible.
• You are also welcome to sit in the Guadalupe Chapel, which is in the back of the Church just as you enter from Seventh Avenue. There you can hear the Mass, but will have no view of the Sanctuary or the body of the Church. There are 4 individual pew seats there, with room for wheelchair access as well.